- Both Olivier Panis and Jos Verstappen were penalised with 25 seconds added to their end result in the Australian GP due
to passing under yellow. Panis dropped from 4th to 7th losing all his points and the team's while Verstappen dropped to 10th with no
point loss - Story.
Luciano Burti moved from Jaguar to Prost following the San Marino Grand Prix. He was replace by Jaguar's test driver Pedro de la
Rosa - Story.
*3 - Gaston
Mazzacane was replaced by Luciano Burti following the San Marino Grand Prix - Story.
- Ricardo Zonta replaced Frentzen for the Canadian GP after he withdrew the event following his crash on Friday - Story
- The Jordan team terminated Heinz Harald Frentzen's contract days before the German GP. Ricardo Zonta drives for the
team at Hockenheim - Story
- Jean Alesi joined the Jordan team after the German Grand Prix while Heinz Harald Frentzen took his seat at Prost - Story
- Alex Yoong takes over Tarso Marques' seat at Minardi from the Italian Grand Prix - Story
- Tomas Enge replaces Luciano Burti at the Italian Grand Prix following Burti's crash at the Belgian GP - Story
- Jarno Trulli was excluded from the results of the US GP due to a technical infringement. Jordan have appealed so the
results are provisional - Story Jordan won the appeal and Trulli's
results were re-instated - Story
When teams are equal on points
they are ranked based on their best positions.