F1 boss says more rule changes coming in ‘weeks’

Aug.10 (GMM) F1 will announce more changes to the regulations “in the coming weeks”.

That is the news from Chase Carey, the sport’s chief executive in the Liberty Media era.

Brazil’s Globo quotes the American as saying that in addition to a new front wing and other changes for 2019, Liberty is gearing up to make some more announcements about the future.

“We will introduce a larger list of changes to the regulations in the coming weeks to further enhance the sport,” Carey said.

He is referring mainly to 2021, when the current Concorde Agreement will finally have expired.

“We have made good progress with the teams, agreeing on the goals and objectives and now we need to work out the details as we finalise the agreements in the coming months,” said Carey.

“I think everyone agrees with the direction and what we are trying to achieve generally. No one is going to get everything they want, but I think everyone recognises that,” he added.

Related News

  • 13/12/2017 F1 must attract ‘a new generation’ – Carey Dec.13 (GMM) Chase Carey has admitted Liberty Media has a task to win over long-time F1 fans. The American and the American company have succeeded the long reign of Bernie Ecclestone, […]
  • 27/05/2017 F1 income must not be ‘socialism’ – Haas May 27 (GMM) F1 must be "very careful" as it moves to shake up the income distribution model in the near future. That is the warning of Gene Haas, the American billionaire owner of the […]
  • 06/06/2017 Liberty making broadcasters ‘unsettled’ – Ecclestone Jun.6 (GMM) Bernie Ecclestone has questioned his successor's apparent 'all change' approach to running F1. With the Liberty Media takeover, long-time F1 supremo Ecclestone, 86, was […]
  • 03/05/2018 Carey wants new F1 deal with Barcelona May 3 (GMM) Chase Carey says he would commit F1 to the Barcelona circuit "almost forever". But that doesn't mean a new contract will be agreed between the organisers of the current […]
  • 05/05/2017 Ecclestone hits back after Carey jibe May 5 (GMM) Bernie Ecclestone has hit back at the claim that he presided over an era of saying "no". After decades in charge of formula one, the 86-year-old was ousted by Liberty Media […]
  • 27/01/2017 Ecclestone denies ‘breakaway’ series claims Jan.28 (GMM) Former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has denied reports he is planning to set up a 'breakaway' series. Authoritative sources had hinted at the 86-year-old's move, perhaps […]
  • 19/05/2017 Carey expects ‘turbulent’ F1 talks May 19 (GMM) Chase Carey is expecting "turbulent" times ahead as negotiations with teams look set to kick off. As Liberty Media takes over and the Bernie Ecclestone era is put in the […]
  • 20/01/2017 Liberty urges teams to buy into F1 Jan.20 (GMM) New F1 owner Liberty Media has urged the teams to buy into the sport. Earlier this week, we reported that because the share offer would not include actual voting rights on […]
  • 09/02/2018 F1 will still feature ‘pretty girls’ – Carey Feb.9 (GMM) Chase Carey has revealed he was not opposed to the concept of F1 'grid girls'. The sport's new owner Liberty Media has been widely criticised for ending the decades-long […]
  • 08/02/2017 Ousting Ecclestone a mistake – Mosley Feb.8 (GMM) Max Mosley thinks F1's new owners have made a mistake by dumping Bernie Ecclestone. Although given the honorary title 'chairman emeritus', 86-year-old Briton Ecclestone has […]