Hockenheim says no 2017 contract yet

Sep.30 (GMM) Track boss Georg Seiler says Hockenheim does not yet have a contract to host the German grand prix in 2017.

Earlier this week, the FIA published a race calendar for next year featuring a provisional race date for the track.

It is rumoured Bernie Ecclestone could become the semi-promoter of the race, taking ticket receipts in exchange for a lower race fee.

Hockenheim chief Seiler said clarity in the situation will take “a few weeks”, but insisting that he will not accept the situation where the track could make “a loss”.

“At the moment we do not have a contract for 2017,” he told the German news agency SID.

Related News

  • 25/11/2016 Hockenheim confirms no grand prix in 2017 Nov.25 (GMM) Hockenheim boss Georg Seiler has confirmed reports the German grand prix will drop off the 2017 calendar. Reports said that because a race deal could not be struck for 2017, […]
  • 11/05/2015 Hockenheim not ‘bad guys’ after German GP axe May 11 (GMM) The sorry saga of the now-axed 2015 German grand prix has nothing to do with Hockenheim. That is the claim of circuit chief Georg Seiler, after some F1 fans and even […]
  • 10/05/2015 2016 German GP return ‘1,000pc safe’ – Hockenheim May 10 (GMM) Hockenheim's boss says he is "1,000 per cent" sure the German grand prix will return in 2016. After failing to rescue this year's event, Bernie Ecclestone said recently […]
  • 31/10/2016 German GP not secure for 2017 – Ecclestone Oct.31 (GMM) Bernie Ecclestone says there is still no guarantee there will be a German grand prix in 2017. After Germany's return to the calendar this year at Hockenheim, the circuit has […]
  • 17/01/2015 Nurburgring not giving up on 2015 race Jan.17 (GMM) The Nurburgring is not giving up on hanging onto the German grand prix. Bernie Ecclestone has announced that, amid the Nurburgring's ownership uncertainties, its return to […]
  • 30/09/2015 Melbourne confirms new date for 2016 season opener Sep.30 (GMM) Organisers of the Australian grand prix have confirmed reports that the 2016 season will kick off earlier than originally planned. Earlier, we reported that despite […]
  • 09/03/2015 Nurburgring ‘not willing to pay fee’ – Ecclestone Mar.9 (GMM) The fate of the 2015 German grand prix is a simple matter of "the fee". That is the claim of Bernie Ecclestone, who is set to imminently decide if the country will be removed […]
  • 05/03/2015 Decision looming over 2015 German GP Mar.5 (GMM) The eleventh hour has arrived for the 2015 German grand prix. Despite a July 19 slot on the calendar, neither the Nurburgring or Hockenheim currently have a deal with Bernie […]
  • 28/06/2018 Hockenheim not on 2019 calendar Jun.28 (GMM) There will be no German grand prix at Hockenheim in 2019. The circuit is hosting a race next month, but organisers have been unable to reach a new deal with F1 owner Liberty […]
  • 27/07/2016 Officials admit German GP future in doubt Jul.27 (GMM) After a gap year, the German grand prix might be back this weekend but the future of the country's place on the calendar remains in doubt. It was the Nurburgring that caused […]