Kvyat to secure new two-year Red Bull deal – reports
Oct.6 (GMM) Daniil Kvyat looks to have secured his future in formula one.
That is despite the fact the young Russian has been through the mill in 2016, after losing his place with the premier Red Bull team and struggling mentally with the transition back to Toro Rosso.
Not just that, strong rumours have linked French rookie Pierre Gasly with the seat next to Carlos Sainz for 2017, implying that Kvyat’s once meteoric F1 career could be over at the tender age of 22.
But three media sources, including Guiamotor and the Russian news agencies Tass and Ria Novosti, are reporting that Kvyat looks to have secured a two-year contract extension by Red Bull.
An extended deal is no guarantee of a F1 seat, but the reports said Kvyat has impressed his employer with his post-summer break return to form, while Red Bull is concerned with the inconsistent form in GP2 of his potential successor Gasly.
Toro Rosso team boss Franz Tost said last week that he is happy not only with Kvyat’s recent form, but his statements that he once again loves his job.
“He has shown a very good performance and it’s good to hear that he still loves formula one,” said the Austrian.
“Daniil Kvyat is a high-skill driver. He lost it a little bit in the last months but fortunately he is coming back.
“I hope that for the rest of the season he will also do good races to show his talent and his potential — and then we will see what happens in the future,” added Tost.
14/03/2016 Kvyat ‘ready’ to fight for F1 title Mar.14 (GMM) Daniil Kvyat on Monday said he feels ready to fight for the world championship. The Red Bull driver's former team boss, Toro Rosso chief Franz Tost, reportedly said recently […]
22/06/2016 Tost hopes to keep Toro Rosso drivers for 2017 Jun.22 (GMM) Toro Rosso boss Franz Tost said he would be happy if the Faenza team lined up with the same drivers in 2017.
It looks almost certain that team owner Red Bull will trigger […]
09/07/2016 Kvyat not willing to predict Toro Rosso seat Jul.9 (GMM) Daniil Kvyat says he is still not in a position to predict his next step in formula one.
Initially disappointed and angry to have been demoted by Red Bull, the energy drink's […]
27/09/2017 Sponsor says Kvyat out for ‘two races only’ Sep.27 (GMM) A Toro Rosso sponsor says Daniil Kvyat could be back in the car in a month.
The junior Red Bull team has announced that Kvyat has been sidelined for "the next grands prix" […]
26/07/2016 Kvyat set for Red Bull split – report Jul.26 (GMM) Red Bull does not intend to renew its contract with Toro Rosso driver Daniil Kvyat for 2017.
That is the claim of the Russian news agency Izvestia, citing the information of […]
29/10/2017 Tost, Sainz tip Kvyat to rebuild F1 career Oct.29 (GMM) Franz Tost and Carlos Sainz have tipped Daniil Kvyat to bounce back from his axe from the Red Bull programme.
The young Russian quickly scaled the peak of the energy drink […]
31/07/2016 Kvyat admits form makes F1 future bleak Jul.31 (GMM) Daniil Kvyat has admitted he has no future in F1 if he cannot end a major performance slump.
After a bad outing in Hungary, the young Russian's woes got worse at Hockenheim […]
11/06/2016 Toro Rosso to use Red Bull rear end in 2017 Jul.11 (GMM) Toro Rosso will move a big step closer to Red Bull's premier F1 team in 2017, boss Franz Tost has revealed.
Once regarded as effectively a 'satellite' team with a very […]
28/06/2019 Kvyat plays down Gasly axe rumours Jun.28 (GMM) Daniil Kvyat has played down rumours he is first in line for Pierre Gasly's job at Red Bull.
Dr Helmut Marko says Gasly's place is safe for the rest of 2019, but it is clear […]