Monaco to build new F1 pits for 2018

Jun.5 (GMM) Monaco will build a new pitlane and paddock complex at a cost of EUR 30 million ahead of the 2018 race.

That is the exclusive claim of Bild newspaper, reporting that Monaco’s Prince Albert confided the news to friends during the grand prix weekend recently.

“Monaco wanted to prepare the new pitlane for 2017, but engineers were unable to guarantee they would finish it in time. So the project was postponed to 2018,” said Bild.

The Automobile Club de Monaco’s Richard Micoud confirmed: “Yes, it’s true.

“The new pit building will be two-storey. Teams will finally have more space and will not be tripping over their feet.”

Related News

  • 03/04/2018 Monaco layout could be tweaked Apr.3 (GMM) The famous Monaco grand prix layout could be tweaked by 2025. Forbes' F1 business journalist Christian Sylt said a EUR 2 billion project to reclaim 25 acres of land from the […]
  • 04/05/2017 Monaco admits it pays low F1 race fee May 4 (GMM) Monaco has denied it pays no fee to host the fabled street race in the Principality. The race is commonly called F1's 'jewel in the crown', amid rumours its history and […]
  • 02/11/2018 Vietnam, Netherlands step towards F1 in 2020 Nov.2 (GMM) Vietnam has taken a big step towards being on the 2020 F1 calendar. The People's Committee of Hanoi, the capital of the Asian country, has issued an invitation to an event […]
  • 15/02/2016 Dutch prince says F1 return ‘ultimate dream’ Feb.15 (GMM) Zandvoort, an iconic former F1 circuit, could revive the long-defunct Dutch grand prix. Late last year, we reported that the track - famously nestled among coastal sand […]
  • 25/05/2017 Monaco win unlikely for Red Bull – Newey May 25 (GMM) Adrian Newey has admitted Red Bull does not have a strong chance of winning this weekend's Monaco grand prix. Last year, only a pit bungle cost Daniel Ricciardo victory on […]
  • 11/05/2015 Ecclestone ‘always has upper hand’ – Barcelona chief May 11 (GMM) Race chief Sebastia Salvado says his "worst memory" in the quarter-century history of the Spanish grand prix at Barcelona features none other than Bernie Ecclestone. Last […]
  • 11/10/2015 Putin to attend Sochi race on Sunday Oct.11 (GMM) Controversial president Vladimir Putin will attend the Russian grand prix at Sochi on Sunday, the state-owned Tass news agency reports. Adding that Putin plans to meet with […]
  • 24/05/2017 Rosberg eyes role with Monaco GP promoter May 24 (GMM) Nico Rosberg could be about to take on a new role. The retired reigning world champion, who has been basically entirely absent from the F1 paddock so far in 2017, is set to […]
  • 29/05/2016 Monza negotiations moved on to Monaco May 29 (GMM) Monza's long and troubled negotiations over the future of the Italian grand prix have moved onto Monaco. Corriere della Sera newspaper reports that Angelo Sticchi Damiani, […]
  • 18/05/2015 Verstappen heads to Monaco with bruised backside May 18 (GMM) Max Verstappen is heading to Monaco with a bruise on his backside. With F1 taking a weekend off between the Spanish and Monaco grands prix, the Toro Rosso driver headed to […]