Ricciardo rules out replacing Vettel

Jul.9 (GMM) Daniel Ricciardo has ruled out replacing Sebastian Vettel at Ferrari.

Currently, although Mattia Binotto says Vettel and Charles Leclerc are staying in 2020, there are rumours quadruple title winner Vettel could be about to retire or return to Red Bull.

One name linked with his seat in red is Ricciardo, who left the most recent grand prix in Austria wondering if the design of his Renault car is flawed.

“To be honest, I’ve been reading stories like these for the past three or four years,” the Australian is quoted by Brazil’s Globo Esporte.

“But I have my contract that keeps me here until 2020. It’s a two year deal. So even if Seb retires this year, even if it’s his decision, it’s nothing to do with me.”

Related News

  • 25/05/2018 Raikkonen hints he wants 2019 deal May 25 (GMM) Kimi Raikkonen has hinted he wants a new deal at Ferrari for 2019. Charles Leclerc and Daniel Ricciardo are linked with the Finn's seat, but Sebastian Vettel has made clear […]
  • 04/07/2016 FIA says Aeroscreen not scrapped yet Jul.4 (GMM) Ferrari will try again to debut the updated 'Halo 2' cockpit protection this weekend ahead of the British grand prix. The Maranello team intended to run the revised, titanium […]
  • 27/08/2017 Ricciardo rules out Ferrari move Aug.27 (GMM) Daniel Ricciardo has counted himself out of the running for a Ferrari seat in the foreseeable future. The Australian is regularly linked with a switch to red, but he now […]
  • 23/05/2019 Vettel denies 2019 Ferrari design is flawed May 23 (GMM) Sebastian Vettel has dismissed suggestions the basic design of Ferrari's 2019 car is flawed. "If it us, then there are many in the field that you can say that about," the […]
  • 20/07/2018 F1 ponders next moves after Hamilton deal Jul.20 (GMM) The Hockenheim paddock is buzzing with the news that Lewis Hamilton's new two-year Mercedes contract has finally been announced. Some publications say the deal is in excess […]
  • 20/07/2018 F1 ponders next moves after Hamilton deal Jul.20 (GMM) The Hockenheim paddock is buzzing with the news that Lewis Hamilton's new two-year Mercedes contract has finally been announced. Some publications say the deal is in excess […]
  • 20/07/2017 FIA mandates ‘Halo’ for 2018 Jul.20 (GMM) The controversial frontal protection concept called 'Halo' will make its mandatory debut on all formula one cars next year. After Silverstone practice, Sebastian Vettel said […]
  • 07/05/2019 Vettel struggling for ‘confidence’ in 2019 car May 7 (GMM) Sebastian Vettel says he is lacking "confidence" at the wheel of the 2019 Ferrari. So far, Ferrari is maintaining the German's place at the top of the team hierarchy, but new […]
  • 17/05/2018 Todt hits back at complaining drivers May 17 (GMM) Jean Todt has hit back at top drivers who say they want more say about the rules in formula one. In Barcelona, Sebastian Vettel called the 2019 rule changes designed to […]
  • 01/07/2018 Sainz pardons Vettel for Austria block Jul.1 (GMM) Carlos Sainz has excused Sebastian Vettel after an incident in qualifying. Renault's Sainz went off the track and broke a wing when he encountered a slow-moving Vettel on the […]