Alonso plays down Goss departure

Apr.28 (GMM) Fernando Alonso has played down the reported ousting of McLaren technical boss Tim Goss.

Three races into the team’s tough transition from Honda to Renault power, McLaren has been coy over Goss’ apparent departure.

“Not much to add,” Spaniard Alonso told El Mundo Deportivo in Baku.

“The team makes changes public at times and at other times not. We restructured the technical team several times last year, and in every team that’s normal.

“It’s about putting people where it benefits the most. I have total confidence in the team,” Alonso added.

Related News

  • 25/03/2017 Honda engine rebuild to take ‘two months’ Mar.25 (GMM) Honda has acknowledged the need to rebuild its hapless 2017 power unit. Amid rumours works partner McLaren is considering dumping its Japanese partner, reports say Honda is […]
  • 20/03/2017 Canamasas eyes F1 test role for 2017 Mar.20 (GMM) Formula 2 driver Sergio Canamasas is looking for a role in the F1 paddock for 2017. It appears likely the long-time GP2 driver, who is 28, will stay in the category this […]
  • 17/01/2015 No Telefonica deal for McLaren Jan.17 (GMM) Telefonica has ruled out becoming McLaren's title sponsor. The famous British team raced throughout 2014 without a title backer, following the withdrawal of Vodafone. But […]
  • 29/04/2017 Alonso admits 2018 team switch possible Apr.29 (GMM) Fernando Alonso says he is not willing to wait much longer for Honda to improve. McLaren headed into the Sochi weekend hopeful of better reliability, but a failure for […]
  • 23/03/2018 Vandoorne admits ‘pressure’ on McLaren Mar.23 (GMM) Stoffel Vandoorne thinks it's good that the "pressure" is on at McLaren this year. After three bad years with Honda, the British team has moved to Renault power for 2018 but […]
  • 27/04/2018 Struggling McLaren ousts technical chief Apr.27 (GMM) McLaren has reportedly ousted its technical director Tim Goss. The news, reported by Speed Week, follows a difficult start to the 2018 season for the once-great British […]
  • 13/07/2015 McLaren should be ruing title sponsor stance – source Jul.13 (GMM) McLaren's financial situation could be compounded by a lack of title sponsor, a report in the Sunday Times suggested. The struggling Honda-powered team is a distant ninth in […]
  • 30/09/2016 Alonso recommends Sainz for McLaren future Sep.30 (GMM) Fernando Alonso says Carlos Sainz would be a good McLaren-Honda driver for the future. Stoffel Vandoorne is replacing F1 veteran Jenson Button next year, and Alonso is […]
  • 25/09/2015 Alonso may leave F1 to find winning car – Briatore Sep.25 (GMM) If Fernando Alonso cannot return to having a winning car, he will seek it outside of formula one. That is the stark warning issued by Flavio Briatore, who signed up the […]
  • 10/08/2015 McLaren denies Vandoorne reports Aug.10 (GMM) McLaren has denied reports that an announcement about the Honda-powered team's driver plans for 2016 is now imminent. Media reports claimed the Woking outfit has decided to […]