‘No reason’ Magnussen won’t stay at Renault

Apr.18 (GMM) Renault official Cyril Abiteboul says he has been impressed with the team’s 2016 race driver Kevin Magnussen.

The young Dane joined the new works Renault project at Enstone this year having been dropped as McLaren’s reserve driver.

“He is a natural leader,” Renault official Cyril Abiteboul told the Danish newspaper BT in China.

“Kevin has just a one-year contract initially, but with the work he has done until now, I see no reason why we should not continue to cooperate.”

Related News

  • 19/01/2017 Magnussen ‘disappointed’ with Renault criticism Jan.19 (GMM) Kevin Magnussen says he was "disappointed" to hear about his former Renault boss Cyril Abiteboul's recent parting shot. Last week, as the Danish driver heads to Haas for […]
  • 29/01/2016 Manager, father not commenting on Magnussen reports Jan.29 (GMM) Kevin Magnussen's father as well as his manager are refusing to comment on widespread reports that the former McLaren reserve is now poised to return to the F1 grid. […]
  • 31/10/2016 Haas admits 2017 talks with Magnussen Oct.31 (GMM) Gunther Steiner has admitted Haas has been in touch with Kevin Magnussen about 2017. With Dane Magnussen's future at Renault uncertain, reports emerged in Mexico at the […]
  • 06/03/2019 Magnussen should keep title dream alive – Steiner Mar.6 (GMM) Kevin Magnussen should not give up on winning races and even the world championship. That is the view of Gunther Steiner, the Danish driver's boss at Haas. Recently, […]
  • 15/06/2016 Magnussen hopes contract talks start soon Jun.15 (GMM) Kevin Magnussen hopes his talks with Renault about staying with the French works team beyond 2016 begin soon. After losing his place at McLaren, the Dane got his F1 career […]
  • 16/11/2015 Magnussen denies ruling out F1 reserve role Nov.16 (GMM) Kevin Magnussen has denied he ruled out keeping a foot in the F1 door next year by signing up for a new reserve driver role. It was believed the main reason the Dane split […]
  • 16/10/2015 Magnussen and McLaren confirm split Oct.16 (GMM) Kevin Magnussen and McLaren-Honda on Friday confirmed reports in the Danish media that the two sides have split. The Copenhagen Post declared that the young Dane, who made […]
  • 16/10/2015 Magnussen and McLaren to split – reports Oct.16 (GMM) Kevin Magnussen is splitting with McLaren, two Danish publications report. The 23-year-old has been the Woking team's reserve driver in 2015, having lost his race seat after […]
  • 21/09/2016 Magnussen wants to stay at Renault – advisor Sep.21 (GMM) Kevin Magnussen's advisor says the Dane still regards staying at Renault as his 'plan A' for 2017. Currently fielding Magnussen alongside Jolyon Palmer on one-year deals […]
  • 13/01/2017 Haas shrugs off Renault’s Magnussen attack Jan.13 (GMM) Team boss Gunther Steiner has dismissed a stinging attack on Kevin Magnussen, who is Haas' new recruit for 2017. Magnussen is moving to the American team from Renault, whose […]