Ricciardo says contractual situation ‘open’

May 14 (GMM) Daniel Ricciardo is not completely ruling himself out of the 2017 ‘silly season’.

Last year, the Australian put forward his name as a contender to switch to Ferrari, but Red Bull officials are once again insisting that Ricciardo is firmly under contract.

It is noteworthy, however, that those same officials have seldom been more gushing about Ricciardo’s talents, boss Christian Horner saying in Spain that the new lineup with Max Verstappen is perhaps “the strongest pairing for future years in F1”.

But when asked by Italy’s Corriere della Sera about his contractual situation at present, Ricciardo answered: “It’s open.

“It all depends on Red Bull. If they stay in F1, I think they will propose a multi-year extension.”

As for those constant Ferrari rumours, meanwhile, the 26-year-old said: “It will depend on the results and the proposals that I receive and if another team says to me ‘We want to try to win the championship with you’.”

According to Corriere, Ricciardo’s boss Horner has also been linked with a shock switch to Ferrari.

Ricciardo said: “Really? I don’t believe that, but I can’t speak for him.”

Related News

  • 23/06/2017 Ricciardo denies latest Ferrari rumours Jun.23 (GMM) Daniel Ricciardo has once again played down rumours connecting him with a move to Ferrari for 2018. Amid the persistent rumours, Red Bull chief Dr Helmut Marko has said […]
  • 24/04/2018 Horner wants Ricciardo decision by August Apr.24 (GMM) Red Bull wants Daniel Ricciardo to make his decision about the future by August. Big rumours are swirling that the Australian has signed a 'pre-agreement' to replace Kimi […]
  • 06/12/2018 Horner sad to farewell Ricciardo Dec.6 (GMM) Christian Horner admits he is sad that Daniel Ricciardo has left Red Bull. The team boss said Australian Ricciardo alongside Max Verstappen was "the best duo in the history" […]
  • 01/03/2019 Ricciardo denies ‘running’ from Verstappen Mar.1 (GMM) Daniel Ricciardo has denied he is "running from a fight" with Max Verstappen in 2019. Christian Horner, the Red Bull boss, made the claim in the new Netflix series Drive to […]
  • 04/03/2019 Red Bull wants Verstappen to win title – Ricciardo Mar.4 (GMM) Daniel Ricciardo says he left Red Bull because he no longer felt like the number 1 driver. Red Bull boss Christian Horner said recently that Ricciardo is "running from a […]
  • 10/10/2017 Red Bull wants Ricciardo until 2020 Oct.10 (GMM) Red Bull wants to keep Daniel Ricciardo beyond next year. That is the view of team boss Christian Horner, even though fellow Red Bull official Dr Helmut Marko said at Suzuka […]
  • 13/03/2019 Ricciardo refused to be no.2 to Verstappen – Hill Mar.13 (GMM) 1996 world champion Damon Hill has backed Daniel Ricciardo's Red Bull exit. Ricciardo's Australian countryman Mark Webber said Ricciardo deciding to join Renault for 2019 […]
  • 02/11/2016 F1 figures say Vettel could quit Nov.2 (GMM) Experienced paddock dwellers are contemplating the notion that Sebastian Vettel might soon call time on his F1 career. The German won four titles for Red Bull before […]
  • 30/01/2015 Ricciardo doubts Vettel quit rumours Jan.30 (GMM) Daniel Ricciardo has contradicted boss Christian Horner's claims that Sebastian Vettel came close to quitting F1 last year. Horner, the team chief at Red Bull, caused a stir […]
  • 12/02/2015 Horner plays down early 2015 troubles for Red Bull Feb.12 (GMM) Christian Horner has played down reports Red Bull is entering a second consecutive season amid early troubles. Although ultimately the championship runner-up, the formerly […]