Sainz most overtaken driver in 2015

Jul.31 (GMM) Carlos Sainz is the most overtaken driver on the 2015 grid.

That is the finding of the German newspaper Bild, reporting that the otherwise impressive rookie Spaniard has been passed 32 times so far this year — more than any other rival.

“I’m not sure I can be proud of this record!” he laughed.

Toro Rosso driver Sainz, 20, explained: “We are always quite good in qualifying, but for the race we lack power.”

However, Sainz is also ranked among the top-four overtakers of 2015, Bild added.

Indeed, boss Franz Tost said he is happy not only with Sainz, but also fellow rookie Max Verstappen.

“I would say they are one of the most competitive pairings we have seen at Toro Rosso,” he said.

Related News

  • 01/05/2016 Tost ‘more than happy’ with Toro Rosso lineup May 1 (GMM) Max Verstappen will continue to steal the limelight even though Carlos Sainz is also doing a good job. That is the view of the duo's Toro Rosso boss Franz Tost, amid […]
  • 17/03/2016 Verstappen wants 2016 podium, ‘top car’ in 2017 Mar.17 (GMM) Max Verstappen has joined his boss Franz Tost in targeting a podium for 2016. After Toro Rosso chief Tost set the podium objective recently, team driver Carlos Sainz said he […]
  • 14/05/2015 Sainz happy to survive Verstappen hype May 14 (GMM) According to some, Carlos Sainz has been the 'revelation of the season'. The build-up to the Spaniard's debut season in formula one was totally overshadowed by Max […]
  • 20/02/2016 Verstappen unfazed by Tost warning Feb.20 (GMM) Max Verstappen is unfazed by a warning issued by his boss at Toro Rosso. According to De Telegraaf newspaper, boss Franz Tost warned recently that Verstappen, F1's Dutch […]
  • 21/10/2016 Sainz not willing to wait for Red Bull seat Oct.21 (GMM) Carlos Sainz says he doesn't want to be a back-up Red Bull driver for the rest of his career. The Spaniard had eyed a move from Toro Rosso to the senior team, and was then […]
  • 14/03/2016 Kvyat ‘ready’ to fight for F1 title Mar.14 (GMM) Daniil Kvyat on Monday said he feels ready to fight for the world championship. The Red Bull driver's former team boss, Toro Rosso chief Franz Tost, reportedly said recently […]
  • 27/09/2016 Tost plays down Sainz to Renault rumours Sep.27 (GMM) Toro Rosso chief Franz Tost does not believe the Faenza based team will lose Carlos Sainz. Spaniard Sainz has already denied persistent rumours that he could be the subject […]
  • 22/06/2016 Tost hopes to keep Toro Rosso drivers for 2017 Jun.22 (GMM) Toro Rosso boss Franz Tost said he would be happy if the Faenza team lined up with the same drivers in 2017. It looks almost certain that team owner Red Bull will trigger […]
  • 09/08/2018 Gasly ready to replace Ricciardo at Red Bull Aug.9 (GMM) Pierre Gasly says he is ready to make the step up to Red Bull. The energy drink owned team is contemplating which driver should replace the Renault-bound Daniel […]
  • 04/07/2016 Rumours still swirling around Sainz future Jul.4 (GMM) Even though team owner Red Bull has taken up its option on Toro Rosso driver Carlos Sainz, rumours continue to swirl around the impressive young Spaniard. Formerly comparable […]