Kvyat says ‘no plan B’ amid Gasly rumours

Sep.26 (GMM) Daniil Kvyat has admitted he has no ‘plan B’ for his career.

The Russian has had a rollercoaster of an F1 career so far: a debut for Toro Rosso at a young age, a speedy graduation to Red Bull Racing, and an equally speedy demotion back to the junior team.

Now, it is believed he could be dropped by Red Bull altogether for 2017, as Dr Helmut Marko looks to give GP2 driver Pierre Gasly his go in formula one.

When asked about Frenchman Gasly, Kvyat told Auto Motor und Sport: “I can only do my job as well as possible. The rest I don’t care about.”

Asked if he has a ‘plan B’, the 22-year-old added: “I have no plan B, C or D. Only the plan that I do as well as possible.”

Kvyat seemed much happier than earlier in Singapore, where Toro Rosso was competitive once again.

But he insists: “For me, nothing changes. My qualifying in Spa was as good as it was in Singapore. For me it’s only important that the right people see that.”

However, Kvyat had indicated before the summer break that he was emotionally tired from the Red Bull axe.

He says now: “For me, that chapter is finished. During the summer, I had time to distance myself from it, turn the page and concentrate only on what lies ahead.

“In retrospect, I have learned a lot. It made me stronger. The Red Bull is out of my head, now I’m in a Toro Rosso and trying to get the maximum from this car.”

Related News

  • 01/09/2016 Marko denies Gasly to oust Kvyat Sep.1 (GMM) Dr Helmut Marko has slammed rumours Pierre Gasly is on the cusp of beginning his F1 adventure. The 20-year-old Frenchman is next in line in Red Bull's young driver programme, […]
  • 22/01/2019 Gasly ‘not the number 2 driver’ – Marko Jan.22 (GMM) Dr Helmut Marko has allayed Pierre Gasly's fears that he might be Red Bull's 'number 2' driver in 2019. Gasly has been promoted from the junior team Toro Rosso to replace […]
  • 10/09/2018 Buemi on pole for Toro Rosso return Sep.10 (GMM) Sebastien Buemi has moved into pole position for a return to formula one next year. The now 29-year-old Swiss contested over 50 races for Toro Rosso until 2011, going on to […]
  • 15/03/2019 Gasly not trying to beat Verstappen Mar.15 (GMM) Pierre Gasly has slotted himself into a supporting role behind top Red Bull driver Max Verstappen. Gasly, who made his full F1 debut last year for Toro Rosso, was scolded […]
  • 07/08/2018 Marko denies Verstappen vetoed Sainz Aug.7 (GMM) Dr Helmut Marko has denied that Max Verstappen vetoed Red Bull's top driver choice for 2019. Red Bull is considering which driver should replace the Renault-bound Daniel […]
  • 23/06/2016 Marko says Kvyat could stay at Toro Rosso Jun.23 (GMM) Dr Helmut Marko has suggested Daniil Kvyat stands a strong chance of keeping his place at Toro Rosso beyond the end of 2016. After the 22-year-old Russian was dropped from […]
  • 07/11/2016 Gasly made too many mistakes – Marko Nov.7 (GMM) Pierre Gasly's failure to win the GP2 championship partly explains his failure to break into F1 for 2017. That is the hint of Dr Helmut Marko, the architect of Red Bull's F1 […]
  • 27/10/2016 Gasly to be reserve driver in 2017 – Marko Oct.27 (GMM) Pierre Gasly will remain a part of Red Bull's F1 programme in 2017. That is the news from Dr Helmut Marko, who is in charge of the energy drink company's high profile and […]
  • 05/09/2016 Marko, Gasly deny Kvyat axe rumours Sep.5 (GMM) Dr Helmut Marko has hit back at rumours Red Bull junior Pierre Gasly is set to take over Daniil Kvyat's Toro Rosso seat with immediate effect. At Monza on Sunday, French GP2 […]
  • 22/08/2018 Red Bull set to decide Gasly replacement Aug.22 (GMM) Red Bull is poised to decide Pierre Gasly's 2019 replacement at Toro Rosso in the coming days. Frenchman Gasly has been promoted to the senior team to replace Daniel […]