Latifi’s father linked with McLaren deal

May 21 (GMM) The father of Force India reserve driver Nicholas Latifi is linked with a major deal at McLaren.

Last week, Canadian 22-year-old Latifi tested for Force India in Barcelona.

But now AS newspaper is reporting that a rumoured EUR 230 million cash injection at McLaren courtesy of a company called Nyidala is funded by Latifi’s father Michael.

Latifi is CEO of Sofina Foods.

In Barcelona recently, McLaren executive Zak Brown said despite the team’s problems in recent years, its shareholders and partners remain supportive.

“They are patient, understanding and know the sport. We are not limited by money,” he said.

Related News

  • 06/06/2018 Latifi targets F1 race seat for 2019 Jun.6 (GMM) Nicholas Latifi says he is targeting a formula one seat for 2019. The 22-year-old Canadian is currently Force India's reserve driver, and he will be in action on Friday […]
  • 05/06/2019 Latifi targeting ‘Super Licence’ for 2020 Jun.5 (GMM) Nicholas Latifi has played down suggestions he is now on the cusp of a F1 race seat. The 23-year-old, whose father Michael co-owns McLaren, is the test driver at Williams […]
  • 23/05/2018 McLaren denies link to Nicholas Latifi May 23 (GMM) McLaren has denied any link between its new shareholder and the career of a young Formula 2 driver. Michael Latifi, the father of Force India reserve Nicholas Latifi, has […]
  • 15/05/2019 Latifi admits eyeing F1 grid with Williams May 15 (GMM) Nicholas Latifi is not denying that he wants to get into Formula 1. The Canadian is Williams' reserve driver, and he has been promised some Friday practice outings in […]
  • 11/05/2019 Latifi could replace Kubica at Williams – report May 11 (GMM) The first rumours that Robert Kubica could be ousted by Williams have emerged. The Pole has struggled alongside George Russell on his return to F1 after an eight year […]
  • 08/06/2019 Father eyes 2020 Williams race seat for Latifi Jun.8 (GMM) Nicholas Latifi's influential father says the Canadian driver wants a place on the 2020 grid. This weekend, the 23-year-old Formula 2 championship leader appeared for […]
  • 20/05/2019 Kubica admits he wants ‘better results’ May 20 (GMM) Robert Kubica insists he does not regret returning to Formula 1. That is despite the fact that, just five races into his first season since sustaining permanent arm injuries […]
  • 15/05/2016 No Friday outings for Vandoorne – Boullier May 15 (GMM) McLaren-Honda team boss Eric Boullier says there are no plans for Stoffel Vandoorne to be given Friday morning outings in 2016. Another works team, Renault, is giving Sergey […]
  • 22/06/2019 Silly season revving up at Paul Ricard Jun.22 (GMM) F1's silly season is shifting into another gear in the Paul Ricard paddock. Firstly, given Valtteri Bottas' most recent performance dip, there are claims Toto Wolff wants to […]
  • 15/08/2016 No new reserve driver for Renault Aug.15 (GMM) Renault says it will not appoint an official replacement for reserve driver Esteban Ocon. Ocon has been called up to make his F1 race debut from the forthcoming Belgian […]