Ferrari’s talks with Liberty still on – Camilleri

Aug.2 (GMM) Ferrari’s new CEO says talks about the future with Liberty Media are progressing.

Louis Camilleri has replaced Sergio Marchionne, who died last week of cancer.

Marchionne is believed to have been locked in complex talks with F1 owner Liberty Media, after threatening to quit the sport over the commercial arrangements beyond 2020.

“There are ongoing talks with Liberty Media,” Camilleri is quoted by La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I think there has been progress on the technical side, but less on the budget cap and governance,” he added.

“I’m not sure about new ideas, the goal is to divide the cake as it is. We do not talk about how to increase it. I am sure I can bring my contribution,” said Camilleri.

Related News

  • 19/09/2018 Ferrari not ready to sign for 2021 – Camilleri Sep.19 (GMM) Ferrari is still a long way from agreeing to stay in formula one beyond 2020. That is the view of Ferrari's current CEO Louis Camilleri. The 63-year-old took over recently […]
  • 06/11/2018 ‘No progress’ on budget cap – Camilleri Nov.6 (GMM) Liberty Media's proposed budget cap is no closer to being ready to implement. That is the claim of Louis Camilleri, who earlier this year took over after the death of Ferrari […]
  • 14/01/2019 Sources say Domenicali could return to Ferrari Jan.14 (GMM) Stefano Domenicali could return to formula one. The Italian was ousted by Ferrari in 2014, following the great Maranello team's failed attempts to win the title. But […]
  • 04/05/2018 Marchionne steps back from F1 quit threat May 4 (GMM) Sergio Marchionne has delivered a more upbeat message about Ferrari's future in formula one. In recent weeks and months, the Ferrari president has been warning F1 owner […]
  • 03/02/2017 Ferrari considering buying into F1 – Marchionne Feb.3 (GMM) Ferrari could be the first F1 team to take up Liberty Media's offer of shares in the sport. We have reported that despite Liberty's eagerness for the teams to take up to 20 […]
  • 04/09/2018 Leclerc says Ferrari will decide future Sep.4 (GMM) Charles Leclerc says it is up to Ferrari to decide if he is ready for a plum seat with the Maranello team. It is believed that although new boss Louis Camilleri wanted to […]
  • 04/12/2017 Marchionne says Fiat quit threat ‘serious’ Dec.4 (GMM) Sergio Marchionne has reiterated his threat to pull Ferrari out of F1 after 2020. In fact, the Fiat CEO is now also threatening to withdraw Sauber's newly announced Alfa […]
  • 22/03/2018 Ecclestone backs Marchionne’s F1 quit threat Mar.22 (GMM) Bernie Ecclestone says he is supportive of Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne's F1 quit threat. Ecclestone, 87, was ousted as the sport's long time 'supremo' following the […]
  • 21/03/2018 Ferrari’s quit threat is serious – Wolff Mar.21 (GMM) Toto Wolff has warned the FIA and Liberty Media not to take Ferrari's F1 quit threat lightly. As negotiations over a new commercial deal and regulations beyond 2020 loom, […]
  • 16/01/2019 Elkann denies turmoil still afoot at Ferrari Jan.16 (GMM) Fiat Chrysler chairman John Elkann has hit back at rumours that turmoil is still afoot at Ferrari. Following the death of Sergio Marchionne in 2018, Elkann stepped up to be […]