Hamilton to skip Thursday at Monza

Aug.30 (GMM) Lewis Hamilton will skip Thursday’s media activities at Monza, Sky Italia reports.

The local broadcaster said the world championship leader will only be at the circuit ahead of Friday practice for the Italian grand prix.

“In Hungary Ferrari was exempted from Thursday activities, but that was due to the death of president Sergio Marchionne,” Sky said.

“To date there is no official justification, and Lewis’ reasons may be personal,” the report added.

Related News

  • 30/07/2017 Ferrari to announce Vettel-Raikkonen at Monza Jul.30 (GMM) Ferrari is set to keep its current race driver lineup intact for 2018. That is the claim of the Italian broadcaster Sky, amid existing speculation that Sebastian Vettel made […]
  • 25/10/2018 Arrivabene says Raikkonen axe ‘my decision’ Oct.25 (GMM) Maurizio Arrivabene says it was his decision to oust Kimi Raikkonen. Some believe the shake-up, with Raikkonen to be replaced by young charger Charles Leclerc next year, was […]
  • 29/10/2018 Ferrari supports Vettel despite title loss – Arrivabene Oct.29 (GMM) Ferrari is still "together" even amid waves of rumours and Sebastian Vettel's failure to win the drivers' world championship. That is the claim of team boss Maurizio […]
  • 11/07/2017 Ferrari ‘ready’ to extend Vettel deal Jul.11 (GMM) Ferrari is ready to sign a new contract with Sebastian Vettel. The 2017 championship leader's first three-year deal contract with the Maranello team runs out this […]
  • 19/10/2018 Arrivabene to get new Ferrari contract Oct.19 (GMM) Maurizio Arrivabene looks set to have his contract renewed at Ferrari beyond this year. There had been speculation that, amid Ferrari's failing 2018 title campaign and an […]
  • 14/04/2015 Sky presenter suspended for Alonso insult Apr.14 (GMM) A presenter for Italian F1 broadcaster Sky has been suspended for insulting Fernando Alonso. Referring to the Spanish driver's Barcelona testing crash, Paola Saluzzi's […]
  • 28/05/2018 Ocon hints at Mercedes ‘team orders’ May 28 (GMM) Esteban Ocon has hinted team orders may be in place between Force India and Mercedes. After the Monaco grand prix, a reporter for Sky Italia asked Force India driver Ocon if […]
  • 26/05/2017 Vettel can stay at Ferrari in 2018 – Marchionne May 26 (GMM) Team president Sergio Marchionne says whether or not Sebastian Vettel stays at Ferrari in 2018 is the German's decision. Although leading the world championship this year, […]
  • 05/05/2017 Ferrari ‘feared’ by Mercedes in 2017 – Marchionne May 5 (GMM) Sergio Marchionne says he is happy Ferrari is now "feared" once again by its top F1 competitor. After a decade-long title drought, Sebastian Vettel is leading the world […]
  • 01/02/2019 Ferrari CEO announces bigger F1 budget for 2019 Feb.1 (GMM) Ferrari will boost its 2019 budget in a bid to finally beat Mercedes to a world championship this decade. The fabled Italian team challenged hard in 2018, but team and driver […]