Hamilton has no interest in ‘triple crown’

Feb.25 (GMM) Lewis Hamilton says he has no interest in following Fernando Alonso’s lead by targeting the so-called ‘triple crown’.

Now retired from F1, Alonso has already added Le Mans to his tally and is now targeting victory at the Indy 500.

If he wins, he will become only the second driver after Graham Hill to win the Monaco GP, Le Mans and the Indy 500.

But five time world champion Hamilton says he has no similar aspirations.

“I had never heard about the triple crown until last year,” he told Radio Marca.

“It’s not something that particularly interests me or is something I want to do,” said Hamilton at a sponsor event in Turin.

Related News

  • 13/12/2017 Hamilton not targeting Alonso’s ‘triple crown’ Dec.13 (GMM) Lewis Hamilton says he does not want to emulate Fernando Alonso in targeting motor racing's unique 'triple crown'. As Alonso tackled the Indy 500 last year, the Spaniard […]
  • 25/01/2018 Montoya backs Alonso’s ‘triple crown’ bid Jan.25 (GMM) Juan Pablo Montoya has applauded Fernando Alonso's efforts to secure motor racing's elusive 'triple crown'. Last year, Alonso tried to add an Indy 500 win to his Monaco […]
  • 19/06/2018 Indy 500 ‘high priority’ again – Alonso Jun.19 (GMM) Fernando Alonso says tackling the Indy 500 yet again is now a "high priority". When the Spaniard announced he was going to contest last year's fabled US-based oval race, he […]
  • 13/04/2019 Hamilton doesn’t care about ‘triple crown’ Apr.13 (GMM) Lewis Hamilton insists he "couldn't care less" about the so-called triple crown. Fernando Alonso repopularised the triple crown achievement by declaring that he wants to add […]
  • 07/01/2018 Alonso says third title is ‘first priority’ Jan.7 (GMM) Fernando Alonso may have more plans to race outside of F1, but he insists that his role with McLaren-Renault remains his main focus. Last year, the 36-year-old stunned the […]
  • 15/02/2018 Bottas not targeting Alonso’s ‘triple crown’ Feb.15 (GMM) Valtteri Bottas says he has no plans to add the 'triple crown' target to his itinerary any time soon. Fernando Alonso has made waves in recent years, after targeting the […]
  • 08/05/2019 Alonso keeping future plans ‘top secret’ May 8 (GMM) Fernando Alonso is keeping "top secret" plans about his future close to his chest. The Spaniard admitted recently that deciding to quit Le Mans and the world endurance […]
  • 24/06/2018 Zak Brown wants Alonso to stay in F1 Jan.24 (GMM) Zak Brown says McLaren does not want to lose Fernando Alonso. Actually, the Spanish driver is already under contract beyond 2018, but that ties him only to McLaren as a […]
  • 17/04/2017 Alonso, McLaren deny 2018 Le Mans reports Apr.17 (GMM) Fernando Alonso and McLaren have played down reports suggesting the Spaniard will definitely contest next year's fabled 24 hour Le Mans race. The news follows the shock […]
  • 16/11/2018 Alonso exit shows F1 ‘sick’ – Perez Nov.16 (GMM) Fernando Alonso's plight shows that F1 is "sick". That is the claim of Force India driver Sergio Perez, referring to double world champion Alonso's decision to retire from […]