Protest threat looms over Monaco GP

May 16 (GMM) A protest threat is hanging over next weekend’s Monaco grand prix.

On Wednesday, disgruntled taxi drivers disrupted services at Nice Airport over a union dispute, which affected the Cannes film festival.

Now, Monaco is in their sights.

“If we do not get satisfaction, we are ready to go further,” Nice Matin quoted one of the drivers as saying.

“If we do not have an answer by May 22, it’s simple. The 23rd is the beginning of the Monaco GP and we will block everything.”

Related News

  • 24/05/2016 Mercedes scoffs at Hamilton rumour May 24 (GMM) Mercedes has rubbished reports Lewis Hamilton might miss this weekend's prestigious Monaco grand prix. An Italian newspaper had suggested that Pascal Wehrlein may only have […]
  • 09/02/2016 Jorda role prompted Sorensen to quit Renault Feb.9 (GMM) Marco Sorensen says he quit F1's Enstone team in protest of the status of female development driver Carmen Jorda. Jorda, a former GP3 driver, was controversially appointed by […]
  • 21/11/2016 Ecclestone questions Singapore GP future Nov.21 (GMM) Singapore has become the latest grand prix with a cloud over its future. Three races have provisional status on the 2017 schedule, others are in doubt for the future and now […]
  • 02/09/2016 Italian Grand Prix – 1st Free Practice Rosberg quickest with a 1:22.959 from Hamilton (+0.203), Raikkonen (+1.088), Vettel (+1.348), Perez (+1.691), Grosjean (+1.804), Bottas (+1.826s), Verstappen […]
  • 16/09/2016 Magnussen hints power struggle behind Renault driver delay Sep.16 (GMM) Kevin Magnussen has admitted to some frustration about Renault's delayed decision about the shape of the works team's 2017 driver lineup. Earlier, it was believed the team […]
  • 11/10/2016 Monza GP contract still not signed – report Oct.11 (GMM) The signatures are still missing on Monza's new Italian grand prix contract. That is the claim of the Italian news service Mediaset, even though the deal was announced over […]
  • 29/03/2019 Todt responds to reports about jailed F1 protester Mar.29 (GMM) Jean Todt has responded to a controversy about a jailed protester in Bahrain. Earlier, the FIA vowed to "investigate" the case about Najah Yousif, who was reportedly jailed […]
  • 13/11/2018 Verstappen would ‘kick psychologist out’ Nov.13 (GMM) Max Verstappen says he regrets nothing about shoving Esteban Ocon after Sunday's Brazilian grand prix. The Dutchman will do two days of FIA community service as a punishment […]
  • 23/05/2016 Newspaper says Hamilton could miss Monaco May 23 (GMM) The next wild rumour is now firing in formula one, ahead of the championship's 'jewel in the crown' event in Monaco this weekend. Corriere dello Sport, an Italian newspaper, […]
  • 25/02/2019 Female driver to race in Formula 2 Feb.25 (GMM) Tatiana Calderon has moved another step closer to F1. Last year, Sauber's female test driver drove the Swiss team's car for a 'filming' run after the Mexican grand […]