No Verstappen release for ‘100 million’ – Marko

Jul.13 (GMM) Dr Helmut Marko has categorically ruled out releasing Max Verstappen before the Dutchman’s Red Bull contract runs out.

Persistent speculation suggests Ferrari may even be willing to pay millions to extract the 19-year-old from his current Red Bull deal, which runs until the end of 2019.

But Marko, the Red Bull driver manager, tells Bild newspaper: “We would not give max up for 100 million.

“We put him into formula one to see his insane potential and development. We want to be world champion with him,” he insisted.

Verstappen’s manager Raymond Vermeulen said: “We are, as always, committed to agreements, but this is based on reciprocity with Red Bull.

“We do not talk about contracts but Dr Marko, Max and I know what is agreed.

“Red Bull has one of the best drivers in the paddock, and you can expect us to have the best equipment to become world champion,” he added.

The latest rumours come amid Verstappen’s obvious frustration with his run of abysmal car reliability in 2017.

“We have told him we are doing everything we can to stop this unbelievable bad luck,” said Marko.

Related News

  • 14/05/2017 Verstappen committed to Red Bull contract May 14 (GMM) Max Verstappen says he is happy at Red Bull. Former F1 driver and now veteran commentator Martin Brundle said last week that he can sense the Dutchman's "frustration" amid […]
  • 30/04/2016 Toro Rosso chief admits Verstappen could ‘move up’ in 2017 Apr.30 (GMM) The Max Verstappen camp is not denying speculation the Dutchman looks set to graduate from Toro Rosso to the main Red Bull team for 2017. Amid rumours Red Bull must complete […]
  • 13/07/2017 Buemi, Kubica rumours heating up Jul.13 (GMM) Sebastien Buemi is not ruling out a return to the F1 grid. Since losing his Toro Rosso seat, the 28-year-old Swiss has become a top sports car and Formula E driver. But […]
  • 08/07/2017 Marko says ‘No’ to Verstappen rumours Jul.8 (GMM) Dr Helmut Marko has issued his latest clear "No" amid speculation Max Verstappen could be on the move for 2018. Rumours the young Dutch driver is positioning to accept an […]
  • 11/07/2017 Bosses ‘sorry’ about Verstappen problems Jul.11 (GMM) Red Bull chiefs have apologised for Max Verstappen's run of disastrous car reliability in 2017. Amid rumours the Dutchman wants out of his 2018 contract, Verstappen has been […]
  • 13/07/2017 Honda denies Sauber split reports Jul.13 (GMM) Honda has denied reports it will renege on its contract to power the Swiss team Sauber from 2018. The rumours say that with the works McLaren-Honda collaboration already in […]
  • 23/06/2017 Ricciardo denies latest Ferrari rumours Jun.23 (GMM) Daniel Ricciardo has once again played down rumours connecting him with a move to Ferrari for 2018. Amid the persistent rumours, Red Bull chief Dr Helmut Marko has said […]
  • 16/07/2015 Verstappen’s dad plays down Ferrari rumours Jul.16 (GMM) Max Verstappen's father has put a lid on speculation linking the Toro Rosso rookie with a sensational switch to Ferrari. The 'silly season' has caught up even with F1's […]
  • 03/07/2017 Jos Verstappen says son ‘happy at Red Bull’ Jul.3 (GMM) Max Verstappen's father has denied the Red Bull driver is looking for a way out of his contract. Amid rumours his clearly-frustrated 19-year-old son would like to accept a […]
  • 09/05/2016 Max pledged ‘long term’ future to Red Bull – Jos May 9 (GMM) Despite Mercedes and Ferrari's obvious interest, Jos Verstappen says his son Max has pledged his "long term" future to Red Bull. The Verstappen and Red Bull camps shocked the […]