Perez assessing ‘options’ outside Force India

Aug.10 (GMM) Sergio Perez says he has “a number of options” to keep driving in formula one next year.

The Mexican was recently among those who triggered Force India’s administration and subsequent sale, due to unpaid salary payments.

Lance Stroll, whose father Lawrence is spearheading the consortium that has bought the team, is now linked with a 2019 seat.

When asked what his own plans are for next year, Perez said: “I’m lucky that I have a number of options.

“Of course, we all want to drive for the two best teams, but it’s really unlikely I will be there next season,” he is quoted by Finland’s MTV.

“So I have to think about what is the best option for me. The best place to show my skills,” Perez added.

“In the previous two years I was the best driver outside the top three teams. I want to see what is possible with the teams that have free seats and then I’ll make my decision.

“But I also want to see what’s happening here, because outside of the top three teams I think Force India has the most potential,” he said.

The 28-year-old said he is in no rush to make his decision.

“I have no hurry because I know I’m in good shape. I believe during the summer break I will have a good idea of what’s going on here and after that I can make a decision,” added Perez.

Related News

  • 09/06/2019 Perez defends Stroll and billionaire father Jun.9 (GMM) Sergio Perez has defended teammate Lance Stroll and the Canadian driver's billionaire father. Last year, fashion mogul Lawrence Stroll bought the ailing Force India team, […]
  • 04/09/2016 Perez not confirming Force India stay rumours Sep.4 (GMM) Sergio Perez says his plans for the 2017 season are not quite ready to be revealed. On Saturday, British television announced at Monza that the Mexican will definitely be […]
  • 14/01/2019 Perez not worried about Lance Stroll as teammate Jan.14 (GMM) Sergio Perez says he is not worried about becoming the number 2 driver at the team formerly known as Force India. The 28-year-old Mexican has been at the Silverstone based […]
  • 14/03/2019 2019 to show ‘how good Stroll really is’ – Surer Mar.14 (GMM) F1 will find out "how good Stroll really is" in 2019. That is the view of Marc Surer, a former driver who is now a F1 television pundit. Lance Stroll has moved from […]
  • 26/04/2019 Perez eyes ‘big step forward’ for Barcelona Apr.26 (GMM) Racing Point should look more competitive at the forthcoming Spanish grand prix. That is the view of Sergio Perez, who along with new teammate Lance Stroll has had a […]
  • 08/02/2019 F1 ‘has gotten used to me’ – Perez Feb.8 (GMM) Sergio Perez is keen to make some noise with his performances in 2019. Now 29, the Mexican is a F1 veteran, with over 150 grands prix to his name. And yet, 2018 was a very […]
  • 19/10/2018 Stroll investment will boost Force India – Perez Oct.19 (GMM) Sergio Perez thinks a cash injection will push Force India forwards in 2019. Although it was an open secret in the F1 paddock, the Mexican was in Austin finally announced as […]
  • 31/08/2018 Perez plays down McLaren speculation Aug.31 (GMM) Sergio Perez has played down speculation linking him with McLaren for 2019. Earlier, it seemed clear that the Mexican, having participated in the legal moves that triggered […]
  • 27/07/2018 Force India financial situation ‘critical’ – Perez Jul.27 (GMM) Sergio Perez says the financial situation at Force India has become "critical". In recent days, there have been reports that the Silverstone based team may soon enter […]
  • 17/03/2019 Racing Point is ‘my project’ – Perez Mar.17 (GMM) Sergio Perez says he sees Racing Point as his "project" in F1. Earlier, the Mexican was targeting a return to a top team such as Ferrari. But last year, when he forced […]