Kubica admits he wants ‘better results’

May 20 (GMM) Robert Kubica insists he does not regret returning to Formula 1.

That is despite the fact that, just five races into his first season since sustaining permanent arm injuries in 2011, rumours of Kubica’s demise are now beginning.

Sergey Sirotkin said he would gladly take his Williams cockpit back, and new team reserve Nicholas Latifi impressed the team with his Barcelona test.

Kubica admits that 2019 hasn’t gone his way.

“The season isn’t over yet, we’ve only just had the fifth grand prix,” he told the Polish business newspaper Puls Biznesu.

“Unfortunately, in this difficult situation, we often forget – and even I forget as well – about what I managed to achieve.

“Of course everyone including myself would like us to have better results,” Kubica added. “That would make things easier for me.

“But as I have said, it is much better to be here than to be watching the races on television.”

Kubica, 34, says Formula 1 has changed a lot since he last raced some eight years ago.

“Everything except the steering wheel has changed, although that has changed as well,” he said. “The races have changed as well. Everything is completely different.”

Related News

  • 15/05/2019 Latifi admits eyeing F1 grid with Williams May 15 (GMM) Nicholas Latifi is not denying that he wants to get into Formula 1. The Canadian is Williams' reserve driver, and he has been promised some Friday practice outings in […]
  • 21/02/2018 Kubica still pushing for F1 race comeback Feb.21 (GMM) Robert Kubica admits he came tantalisingly close to pulling off a fairytale return to formula one for 2018. Instead, Williams opted for the well-sponsored Russian Sergey […]
  • 05/06/2019 Latifi targeting ‘Super Licence’ for 2020 Jun.5 (GMM) Nicholas Latifi has played down suggestions he is now on the cusp of a F1 race seat. The 23-year-old, whose father Michael co-owns McLaren, is the test driver at Williams […]
  • 11/05/2019 Latifi could replace Kubica at Williams – report May 11 (GMM) The first rumours that Robert Kubica could be ousted by Williams have emerged. The Pole has struggled alongside George Russell on his return to F1 after an eight year […]
  • 07/05/2019 Williams sponsor responds to Villeneuve comments May 7 (GMM) One of Williams' biggest sponsors is giving the struggling team time to improve. According to Business Insider Polska, Polish oil company PKN Orlen is paying the British team […]
  • 15/08/2016 No new reserve driver for Renault Aug.15 (GMM) Renault says it will not appoint an official replacement for reserve driver Esteban Ocon. Ocon has been called up to make his F1 race debut from the forthcoming Belgian […]
  • 08/06/2019 Father eyes 2020 Williams race seat for Latifi Jun.8 (GMM) Nicholas Latifi's influential father says the Canadian driver wants a place on the 2020 grid. This weekend, the 23-year-old Formula 2 championship leader appeared for […]
  • 21/05/2018 Latifi’s father linked with McLaren deal May 21 (GMM) The father of Force India reserve driver Nicholas Latifi is linked with a major deal at McLaren. Last week, Canadian 22-year-old Latifi tested for Force India in […]
  • 15/05/2016 No ‘negative pressure’ at Renault – Magnussen May 15 (GMM) Even though three young chargers are knocking on the door, Kevin Magnussen sounds secure in his race seat at Renault. So far in 2016, the Dane and his teammate Jolyon Palmer […]
  • 15/05/2016 No Friday outings for Vandoorne – Boullier May 15 (GMM) McLaren-Honda team boss Eric Boullier says there are no plans for Stoffel Vandoorne to be given Friday morning outings in 2016. Another works team, Renault, is giving Sergey […]