Ricciardo ‘definitely’ staying at Red Bull – Marko

Jun.12 (GMM) Red Bull has ruled Daniel Ricciardo out of the running for a Ferrari seat in 2016.

Already linked with the place currently occupied by Kimi Raikkonen, Australian Ricciardo fired the Ferrari rumours even more in Canada when he admitted his growing frustration with Red Bull.

“For my career, I need to be aware of what’s happening,” he said. “I don’t want to be one of the champions who never was.”

Team boss Christian Horner, however, played down the prospect of losing Ricciardo at the end of the year, insisting the 25-year-old has a “long term” deal.

And Dr Helmut Marko, boss of Red Bull’s driver programme, has now told Germany’s Sport Bild: “Daniel has a bulletproof contract with us.”

He said there is “nothing at all” to the current rumours of Ricciardo’s departure.

“He will definitely be with us in 2016,” Marko announced.

And Even Ricciardo admits he is committed to Red Bull for 2016.

“I’ll be here next year and we’ll see how we go,” he told the Telegraph newspaper in Canada last week.

Related News

  • 30/06/2015 Red Bull not losing Ricciardo – Horner Jun.30 (GMM) Christian Horner on Tuesday said there is "no risk" Red Bull is set to lose Daniel Ricciardo to Ferrari. Ricciardo, whose frustration with the situation at Red Bull is […]
  • 13/05/2016 Ricciardo surprised by Kvyat decision May 13 (GMM) Daniel Ricciardo on Thursday said he was taken by surprise when he saw on his mobile last week that Dr Helmut Marko was calling from Graz. When you see that, "You know that […]
  • 03/07/2017 Jos Verstappen says son ‘happy at Red Bull’ Jul.3 (GMM) Max Verstappen's father has denied the Red Bull driver is looking for a way out of his contract. Amid rumours his clearly-frustrated 19-year-old son would like to accept a […]
  • 11/07/2017 Bosses ‘sorry’ about Verstappen problems Jul.11 (GMM) Red Bull chiefs have apologised for Max Verstappen's run of disastrous car reliability in 2017. Amid rumours the Dutchman wants out of his 2018 contract, Verstappen has been […]
  • 15/03/2015 Marko already predicting ‘dull’ season Mar.15 (GMM) At the very first race of the 2015 season, Dr Helmut Marko has predicted a "dull" world championship. "Mercedes superiority has become even stronger," the Red Bull official […]
  • 09/06/2015 Red Bull expecting ‘worst’ home race – Marko Jun.9 (GMM) Red Bull does not see the light at the end of the tunnel yet, Dr Helmut Marko has warned. The former champions had a particularly bad weekend on Montreal's long straights, […]
  • 10/10/2017 Red Bull wants Ricciardo until 2020 Oct.10 (GMM) Red Bull wants to keep Daniel Ricciardo beyond next year. That is the view of team boss Christian Horner, even though fellow Red Bull official Dr Helmut Marko said at Suzuka […]
  • 27/02/2018 1000hp engine should make Mercedes confident – Horner Feb.27 (GMM) Christian Horner has confirmed team colleague Dr Helmut Marko's admission that Red Bull will struggle to win the 2018 title. Daniel Ricciardo topped the times as winter […]
  • 28/05/2018 Verstappen takes ‘hard lesson’ from Monaco May 28 (GMM) Max Verstappen says he will take the "hard lessons" on board from Monaco and other races so far in 2018. The young Dutchman had a horror Monaco, missing qualifying after a […]
  • 29/01/2015 Horner received McLaren offer in 2014 – insider Jan.29 (GMM) Christian Horner received a "serious offer" last year to become the new boss of McLaren. That is the claim on Thursday of Ralf Bach, a correspondent for Sport Bild and TZ […]