Sauber pays staff amid ‘solution’ to issues

Jun.30 (GMM) Some better news is finally emerging from the Sauber camp, amid a troubled 2016 campaign for the struggling Swiss team.

Sauber has been obviously counting its pennies so far this year, to the extent that salary payments to the 300 staff at Hinwil have often been delayed.

But the well-connected Swiss newspaper Blick claims ahead of the Austrian grand prix that Sauber has now caught up on every wage payment for not only May but also June.

“We are in the process of a comprehensive solution,” team boss and co-owner Monisha Kaltenborn said. “The payment of wages is part of that solution.”

Blick, whose correspondent is the highly respected and experienced Roger Benoit, did not say whether the ‘solution’ could in fact be the team’s sale.

Related News

  • 03/09/2016 Sauber signs another top engineer Sep.3 (GMM) Sauber is hitting the throttle after being acquired by investors. Earlier in 2016, the Swiss team was struggling for mere survival, but the mood has changed completely and […]
  • 07/05/2015 ‘Leaked’ calendar is pressure on GP hosts – reports May 7 (GMM) Bernie Ecclestone is ramping up the pressure with his "leaked" provisional calendar for 2015. "It would appear that the proposed 2016 calendar has been leaked," the F1 […]
  • 06/10/2015 Mercedes’ huge F1 loss ‘priceless’ – reports Oct.6 (GMM) Mercedes lost millions as it dominantly won last year's world championships. Writing in the Swiss newspaper Blick, the veteran F1 journalist Roger Benoit says the German […]
  • 31/10/2017 Sauber decides to drop Wehrlein for 2018 – report Oct.31 (GMM) Sauber has reportedly decided to drop Pascal Wehrlein from its 2018 driver lineup. Earlier, amid rumours the Swiss team wanted to keep at least one of its existing drivers […]
  • 08/05/2017 Rumour – Ecclestone involved in Force India bid? May 8 (GMM) Bernie Ecclestone could be involved with a reported move to buy Force India. That is the claim of one of the most experienced veteran journalists in the F1 paddock, Roger […]
  • 16/02/2017 Giovinazzi could replace Wehrlein in test Feb.16 (GMM) Pascal Wehrlein could be set to miss the start of winter testing in less than two weeks. That is the claim of Blick, a newspaper whose F1 correspondent Roger Benoit is […]
  • 10/02/2017 Sauber to decide on 2018 engine supply – report Feb.10 (GMM) Sauber could find itself in an early season tussle for its engine business early in 2017. That is the view of Roger Benoit, one of the most experienced journalists in […]
  • 16/01/2017 Wehrlein ‘delighted’ to join Sauber – report Jan.16 (GMM) Pascal Wehrlein has admitted he is heading to Sauber for 2017. It is yet another strong sign that Valtteri Bottas' move from Williams to Mercedes to replace new world […]
  • 01/12/2016 Sauber wants to sign second driver ‘soon’ Dec.1 (GMM) Monisha Kaltenborn says Sauber would like to complete its 2017 driver lineup "as soon as possible". The Swiss team's chief headed into the last two races of this season […]
  • 03/06/2016 Benoit says Sauber must change driver lineup Jun.3 (GMM) A leading Swiss journalist has suggested Sauber needs to make a change to its driver lineup at the end of the season. In Monaco, their bitter old rivalry from their GP2 days […]