Mercedes to appear in 2019 Netflix series – Wolff

Jun.8 (GMM) Mercedes’ Toto Wolff has confirmed reports that the team will appear in the 2019 edition of the Netflix documentary series.

We claimed recently that, after both Mercedes and Ferrari opted out of the inaugural 2018 edition, Liberty Media had convinced both to take part for series two.

“We didn’t participate because it was too distracting for our guys at the circuit,” Wolff said in Montreal.

“When I watched it on the way to Australia, I didn’t like it. I didn’t think it reflected what was happening on the track.

“But so many people liked it that I watched it a second time. I was convinced that it is a good way to reach a new audience and show F1 from another angle,” he is quoted by Le Journal de Montreal.

“So we have agreed to shoot an episode, just one, probably at the German GP in July.”

Related News

  • 25/02/2019 Netflix series producer slams Mercedes and Ferrari Feb.25 (GMM) The producers of a new Netflix documentary series about F1 have hit out at top teams Mercedes and Ferrari. The ten part series called Drive to Survive, set to be released on […]
  • 18/01/2018 Montreal promoter opposes Friday axe plans Jan.18 (GMM) A race promoter says he is basically happy with Liberty Media's new approach as the sport gets together in London this week. Liberty has convened a series of major meetings […]
  • 11/04/2019 Hamilton says Netflix series ‘good’ for F1 Apr.11 (GMM) Lewis Hamilton says the recent Netflix series about F1 was a "good thing", even though he did not take part. No Ferrari or Mercedes driver, or the top two teams as a whole, […]
  • 21/03/2019 Wolff rubbishes breakaway series rumours Mar.21 (GMM) Toto Wolff has rubbished rumours he might be part of a movement to set up a rival world championship. Auto Motor und Sport reveals that, last month, the Mercedes boss met […]
  • 16/07/2017 Canada GP boss not weighing into Silverstone dispute Jul.16 (GMM) Canadian grand prix promoter Francois Dumontier says he does not want to weigh in on the dispute between F1 owner Liberty Media and Silverstone. Making a visit to the scene […]
  • 30/01/2017 Experts doubt Ecclestone will go quietly Jan.30 (GMM) The F1 world is poised to discover 'deposed' supremo Bernie Ecclestone's next move. The sport's long-time but now former chief executive has denied reports he is planning a […]
  • 01/09/2018 Mercedes helps save German GP Sep.1 (GMM) Germany's grand prix has been saved by Mercedes. In the Monza paddock, a preliminary 21 race calendar for 2019 emerged featuring a race at Hockenheim. It is believed […]
  • 08/06/2019 Wolff admits Hockenheim future ‘bleak’ Jun.8 (GMM) Toto Wolff has admitted both Hockenheim and Barcelona will "probably" be missing from the 2020 calendar. With Vietnam and Zandvoort set to host new races, Liberty Media says […]
  • 11/03/2019 Montoya told Steiner about Magnussen Mar.11 (GMM) Juan Pablo Montoya was the first to tell Haas boss Gunther Steiner about Kevin Magnussen's talent. Magnussen joined the American team after stints at McLaren and Renault. […]
  • 03/07/2017 Berger confirms Force India test for nephew Jul.3 (GMM) It is now almost certain that Gerhard Berger's nephew will shortly make his F1 test debut. Widespread reports say DTM frontrunner Lucas Auer will drive the Force India at the […]