Jul.13 (GMM) F1 could be on a cusp of a new corruption scandal.
Handelsblatt, a German business newspaper, claims the FIA “received millions from the race series’ rights owner, the F1 Group”.
“But for what?” the report added. “British investigators are now looking into it.”
The newspaper said the mysterious payment was to the tune of $190 million.
- 13/07/2017 Ferrari can improve in qualifying – Vettel Jul.13 (GMM) Sebastian Vettel has admitted Ferrari needs to up its game in qualifying. The Ferrari driver heads into the British grand prix weekend with a 20-point lead over Mercedes' […]
- 13/07/2017 Honda denies Sauber split reports Jul.13 (GMM) Honda has denied reports it will renege on its contract to power the Swiss team Sauber from 2018. The rumours say that with the works McLaren-Honda collaboration already in […]
- 07/04/2016 Sauber late with staff payments again Apr.7 (GMM) Sauber has fallen behind once again with its full salary payments to its 300 staff in Switzerland. Boss Monisha Kaltenborn was not in Bahrain last weekend, amid reported […]
- 25/06/2017 Pirelli could introduce even softer tyre for 2018 Jun.25 (GMM) Grumblings about Pirelli have returned to the F1 paddock. Not too long ago, the complaint about the official F1 supplier was that its tyres degraded too quickly. But now, […]
- 13/07/2017 Buemi, Kubica rumours heating up Jul.13 (GMM) Sebastien Buemi is not ruling out a return to the F1 grid. Since losing his Toro Rosso seat, the 28-year-old Swiss has become a top sports car and Formula E driver. But […]
- 13/07/2017 No Verstappen release for ‘100 million’ – Marko Jul.13 (GMM) Dr Helmut Marko has categorically ruled out releasing Max Verstappen before the Dutchman's Red Bull contract runs out. Persistent speculation suggests Ferrari may even be […]
- 27/05/2018 Bottas’ agent not commenting on 2019 contract rumour May 27 (GMM) Valtteri Bottas' agent has refused to comment on speculation the Finn has now agreed a new contract beyond 2018. There have been rumours Mercedes might replace him with […]
- 08/06/2015 No corruption scandal in F1 – Todt Jun.8 (GMM) F1 will not suffer the same sort of scandal that is currently gripping the world of football. That is the claim of FIA president Jean Todt. Currently, officials of FIFA, the […]
- 30/01/2017 Vettel welcomes driver penalty rule tweak Jan.30 (GMM) Sebastian Vettel has welcomed news that less driver penalties will be handed out in 2017. A rule tweak means that stewards no longer have to investigate incidents identified […]
- 10/03/2015 Ferrari link for Hamilton ‘nonsense’ – Lauda Mar.10 (GMM) Niki Lauda has scoffed at reports Lewis Hamilton could switch to Ferrari rather than sign a new Mercedes contract beyond 2015. Briton Hamilton is conducting his own […]